Finally after a painful number of corrective actions, got to see the stage of free swimming frys eating external foods. Death rates have came down significantly to almost zero. The frys are much stronger and vibrant as well.
During this period i have the hatchery expanded to cater for larger active frys. They are handmade of which the design i am proud of after many trials and errors. Is more fun than keeping the frys alive though the result is the goal.
- Will not topple
- Prevent foods from slipping through
- Side and under opening to support good ventilation
- Shock absorption internal and external
- Will not escape or eaten through gaps
- Easy to navigate the hatchery
- Easy to observe the frys
- Large enough room to support fry growth
- Cheap and easy to access materials
- Provide shade but avoid dead corner area
- Tank debris not easily stuck onto it
3rd May 2012